FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you transfer video into an iPad ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Dean
How do you transfer video into an iPad ?
on Dec 28, 2010 at 4:26:56 pm

I was given an iPad over the holidays and I think it would be great for video playback for clients and prospects. BUT - what's the best way to get the video into the iPad and play it back? It needs to be on the iPad as I often do not have any WiFi or wireless broadband available.

I researched and learned what type of video - but not how to get it into the iPad -

thanks!
dd

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-
http://www.deangroup.com

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: How do you transfer video into an iPad ?
on Dec 28, 2010 at 4:33:55 pm

Just like iPods you Put things onto the iPad from iTunes.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 28, 2010 at 4:35:17 pm

If it's like the iphone, you drop it in itunes and sync movies. Another option I use on my iphone is the app called "air sharing." You open the app and it gives you a ip address to connect to from your mac/pc to mount the iphone on your desktop like a drive. From there it's just drag and drop like a usb thumb drive. Works great to use your phone as a file transfer system. And in the air sharing app you simply open the file and play.

Return to posts index

Dennis Dean
on Dec 28, 2010 at 4:45:37 pm

I can't even find the video. I downloaded a short test video using FTP on the Go. I can see the video in this ap - but can't do anything with it, such as move it. I checked out their Help page, which said the rule is that aps can't share files they download. So the video is in this ap - but useless. (Oh yes, the ap plays the video, but not the audio. !)

Once you get the video into you iphone using Air Sharing - where do you find it (would that be the same on an iPad) and how do you drop it into iTunes?

tnx

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-
http://www.deangroup.com

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Dec 28, 2010 at 4:54:22 pm

[Dennis Dean] "Once you get the video into you iphone using Air Sharing - where do you find it (would that be the same on an iPad) and how do you drop it into iTunes?"

I dont recommend you transfer video via Air Sharing to the iPad. Why you ask, because not every video out there is compatible with the iPad, and Air sharing does NOT check for video compatibility when transferring to the iPad.

Add your video to iTunes. When you select the iPad in itunes there will be a movies or video tab, select that and then check the box next to the video you want to sync to the iPad.

If the video is not already converted to a iPad friendly format then when syncing iTunes will give you a warning that it is not iPad compatible. If its not compatible then use the iPad settings in compressor or use iTunes or Quicktime to convert your video for iPad playback. Then sync the compatible fine on.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 28, 2010 at 6:41:43 pm

By the time you do all that, you can drag and drop the video with air sharing and test it on the ipad. Syncing is just such a ridiculous drawn out process on iphone that I avoid it at all costs. Not to mention maybe you dont want a copy of the file in itunes.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Dec 28, 2010 at 6:44:40 pm

[Bret Williams] "By the time you do all that, you can drag and drop the video with air sharing and test it on the ipad"

Keep in mind that if someone is posing about how to put content on the ipad then probably the content is not in an ipad friendly format. If he uses iTunes then he can be 100% positive that the content will play on the iPad.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 29, 2010 at 2:30:59 am

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1386

Return to posts index

flick honse
on Aug 31, 2012 at 6:47:40 am

In Order to transfer video on iPad, you need to use a powerful iPad transfer application. To know more about iPad transfer application, visit: http://filetrasnferipad.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 29, 2010 at 4:46:37 am

To quote the poster "I researched and learned what type of video - but not how to get it into the iPad"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]