FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 to SD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Boampong
EX3 to SD
on Dec 25, 2010 at 5:01:39 pm

I edited a project shot with the EX3. I imported the files via the transfer plug into Final Cut Pro 7. I edited the sequence with the EX 3 settings and the project looks good. To create an SD version I created a PAL DV sequence, changed the field order to none and dragged in the EX3 sequence and RENDERED the sequence. The EX3 sequence was resized and looks good, no jaggies. It played back well. But when I EXPORTED the EX3 sequence to PAL DV The result was terrible - loss in quality, jaggies, noise.

Why is it that that the timeline plays back the rendered sequence perfectly with no jaggies but the exported file is so bad?

Dave

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: EX3 to SD
on Dec 25, 2010 at 5:32:43 pm

[Dave Boampong] "I edited a project shot with the EX3. I imported the files via the transfer plug into Final Cut Pro 7. I edited the sequence with the EX 3 settings and the project looks good. To create an SD version I created a PAL DV sequence, changed the field order to none and dragged in the EX3 sequence and RENDERED the sequence. The EX3 sequence was resized and looks good, no jaggies. It played back well. But when I EXPORTED the EX3 sequence to PAL DV The result was terrible - loss in quality, jaggies, noise. "
OK.
Now change the sequence codec to Prores; set "Render in High Precision" and "Render Motion Effects: BEST.
Export.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Dave Boampong
on Dec 25, 2010 at 5:41:40 pm

I will try that now, thanks.

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
on Dec 26, 2010 at 4:50:06 pm

But still Fcp is terrible at downscaling.
Export a quicktime with current settings from the EX timeline
Then import in compressor and create a SD ProRes with frame controls on . Resize filter set to best.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 26, 2010 at 5:05:40 pm

[Paul Jay] "But still Fcp is terrible at downscaling."
People keeps repeating this while stating that Compressor works much better.
I would recommend to make a proper set of test.
People may get shocked with the crappy job that Compressor does with the "Frame Control ON".
For an acceptable downscaling I prefer FC than Compressor.
For a perfect one, I use SHAKE.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Dave Boampong
on Dec 26, 2010 at 11:13:45 pm

Shake? Wow. Kindly outline your workflow in Shake.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]