FORUMS: list search recent posts

60i to 50i, overcrank?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gene Limbrick
60i to 50i, overcrank?
on Dec 22, 2010 at 3:09:58 pm

Perhaps overcrank isn't the right word, but i'm editing some 60i footage in a 50i sequence, but i'm using it in slow motin without sound anyway. is there any way in final cut to slow down the 60i footage to 50i, so it doesnt play with a jerk? i'm aware of natress, but i was hoping there might be a way to overcrank it, so it's not messing with the frames, i'm slowing the footage down by 50% at points.

thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 60i to 50i, overcrank?
on Dec 22, 2010 at 5:03:23 pm

60i runs at 29.97 (30) fps. 50i runs at 25fps. There's only a 5 frame difference. So it won't be smooth slow motion....or not that much slower.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Dec 22, 2010 at 9:53:48 pm

You can always convert the 60i footage with Compressor to play at 25 fps (Speed controls are part of frame controls tab). I believe you can also use Cinema Tools but that will destructively change the original quicktime file

Return to posts index

Gene Limbrick
on Dec 23, 2010 at 10:04:35 am

it doesn't need to be slower, i can slow it down after in final cut, but if i can get it to play at 25fps then i won't get the stuttery pull down effect (i assume that's what i'm seeing) when slowing the 60i footage down in the 50i timeline.

thanks

Return to posts index

Paul Dickin
on Dec 23, 2010 at 11:28:11 am

Hi
As Michael said, make a backup copy of the file (to keep original) then use Cinema Tools to Conform the footage to 50i. That doesn't change the frames, it just changes the fps flag.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]