FORUMS: list search recent posts

automatic sequence settings different from what was filmed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Morin
automatic sequence settings different from what was filmed
on Dec 21, 2010 at 4:23:46 pm

I'm editing a shoot that was shot with the HPX-170. it was shot in 720p30, but my final cut keeps referring 720p60 in the timeline. Is doesn't effect the motion at all, so should i worry?

Also, this will be for broadcast, so in a two part question. will the 720p60 be ok? and also any other tips or red flags over broadcast quality i should be worried about?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: automatic sequence settings different from what was filmed
on Dec 21, 2010 at 4:43:29 pm

[Andy Morin] "I'm editing a shoot that was shot with the HPX-170. it was shot in 720p30, but my final cut keeps referring 720p60 in the timeline. Is doesn't effect the motion at all, so should i worry?"

Nope. You're okay.

But doesn't that camera have a 30 pN setting, which creates true progressive-scan video with a frame rate of 29.97? And saves on file size to boot?

[Andy Morin] "this will be for broadcast, so in a two part question. will the 720p60 be ok?"

Sure. Again, you're good to go. The video will simply have two identical frames every two frames. No big deal. What MIGHT be a big deal is having a capture card that can't deal with 60p; if you master or edit to tape, there could be issues.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]