FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropping Frames After Crash

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Hampy
Dropping Frames After Crash
on Dec 17, 2010 at 5:06:48 pm

Hello,

In April I purchased at Mac Pro 8 core 2 x 2.26 processor 6GB of Ram. I moved the internal hard drive over to the open optical bay drive. I then purchased 4 1TB Western Digital Black Drives WD1003FBYX. I put these drives into a striped RAID (0) using Apple's software RAID. Everything ran great for about 6 months with no problems. One morning I went to work on the machine and it was frozen. I leave the computer on all the time. I hard powered down and then restarted. I then got the grey screen of death where is codes over and says you need to restart the machine. Every time I restarted same thing would happen. After troubleshooting as much as possible, I ran the four hard drives separately through a scan and repair on a separate machine using a 3rd party software (not apple disk repair). One of the drives seemed to have some issues and went through a lengthy repair and rebuilding of the blocks. After this was complete, I put the four drives in and the machine fired up. Ever since the crash, every project in FCP drops frames especially HD footage. I did a full reinstall of the operating system and of FCP and no luck. I sent the 4 drives back to WD and got 4 new drives, no luck. I have done every piece of troubleshooting I can think of including Apples diagnostics and everything passed hardware wise. I am wondering if something happened to the motherboard, CPU or Ram to make it run slow. The drives are new and should be running fast, I am wondering if the computer can't handle this much strain anymore. The computer hardware itself seems to be the only variable left. Should I just take this thing back to Apple store and try and get it replaced. Thanks

Andrew

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]