FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas to Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clint Jackson
Sony Vegas to Final Cut Pro
on Dec 17, 2010 at 4:57:53 pm

I have a client who has edited pieces of a two hour project in Sony Vegas. But their system can’t handle putting it all together. So they want to deliver the pieces to me to do the final edit. But I use Final Cut Pro.

What can they export out of Vegas that I can work with in FCP? Obviously, we want as little loss of quality as possible.

In addition, they do not have the top version of Vegas so they don’t have the option to render as MXF.

Thanks,

Clint

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: Sony Vegas to Final Cut Pro
on Dec 17, 2010 at 5:28:34 pm

quicktime files.

Return to posts index

Clint Jackson
on Dec 17, 2010 at 8:31:05 pm

They sent me a test clip in QT but the file size was very small and the quality, particularly the color, was not great.

Maybe their settings were wrong. I'm not familiar with Sony Vegas - does it have the capability to produce high quality HD files?

Thanks,

Clint

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 17, 2010 at 11:29:07 pm

If the other guys run Adobe apps, they ought to have Adobe Media Encoder. With the latest version of QT Pro 7 for Windows, they'll have access to ProRes 422 HQ, and Adobe Media Encoder can do batch conversions. Voila. Have 'em double check anything to do with time code before they start. Make sure you at least get the time code right from the existing clips.

The resulting files won't be regular ProRes 422, but Apple doesn't let non-FCP users have everything.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]