FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio cutting out in Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kat Song
Audio cutting out in Final Cut Pro
on Dec 16, 2010 at 6:24:11 pm

I video recorded on a Panasonic HVX 200 some concert performance footage. When I play it back, the audio is intact. When I open up the Log and Transfer box and play it from there, the audio is intact, although you can hear the levels are too high as there's distortion, it gets real raspy, it's blown out. But after I actually Transfer the files from the P2 cards, with the Capture Scratch Quicktime files now loaded into my hard drive, the audio starts out, then cuts out a few moments, sometimes 30 seconds after the beginning of the file. Why is it doing this? Even though the audio is not perfect, I still need to access it. My final cut pro has never done this before and i've Log/Transferred other P2 cards since and have had no audio cut-out problems. Is there a setting where blown-out audio is just turned off? Where if the audio levels hit a certain hi level, that there's an auto function in the Log/Transfer stage, that just refuses to import such audio? If so, is there a way to change that function? That's all i can think of as to why it won't bring in audio from this footage.
K.S.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Audio cutting out in Final Cut Pro
on Dec 16, 2010 at 7:19:55 pm

DO you have Perian installed?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Kat Song
Re: Audio cutting out in Final Cut Pro
on Dec 17, 2010 at 3:54:15 pm

no i don't

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]