FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 and Motion 4

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Carey
FCP 7 and Motion 4
on Dec 16, 2010 at 2:59:29 pm

WOW!!!! What idiot at Apple came up with this? FCP 7 and Motion 4 DO NOT fare very well together. I'm back to my old Media100 days again. I have to create my graphics in Motion, then render them out to a Quicktime file just so I can have some sort of compatibility and stability inside of FCP 7.0.3.

Its just like the days of Media100 and AfterEffects. Whatever happened lately to FCP is a mystery to me. But I'm finding out that if I want stability in my programs, then I cannot use ANY Motion templates or Motion files within FCP.

Kinda sucks! What's the purpose of marketing a product that claims total integration within the software suite if it doesn't work. How can software companies get away with lying to the public but other industries cannot do this. Elsewhere, this would be called false advertising.

It takes me 15 minutes to render a 10 sec Motion template in 1080i29.97 ProRes422. THAT'S INSANE!

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://web.mac.com/schazamproductions
schazamproductions@mac.com

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
Re: FCP 7 and Motion 4
on Dec 16, 2010 at 3:13:19 pm

Oh yeah... And who was the moron at Apple who decided that when you convert video in Compressor that audio was to be pass-through instead of the proper setting for the codec and proper to be used in FCP.

I'm sorry... But I have to vent about all of the stupid things in FCP that take way too much time to be dinking around with for absolutely no reason.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
on Dec 16, 2010 at 3:29:43 pm

Dude, don't you know that you shouldn't be editing for professional work, but for ipad/iphone? I mean; really, do you really expect them to take their experts OFF the ipad research and development for something like Final Cut studio??? C'mon, man, get in the game! It's all about creating and editing movies on the iphone, so why put any real thought and effort into something like FCP studio????
Oh, and while we're at it, kill the xserve. Nobody really needs that. Use the iMac or the mini for your business purposes. Rack mount a few MacPro's that take up endless space, man.

Ever get the feeling you're in a Monty Python sketch, where everything is "mostly great, but...." FCP Studio is mostly great, but....the didn't want to go further....

Tim

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
on Dec 16, 2010 at 3:39:01 pm

Dude.... You hit the nail right on the head!

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]