FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Final Cut Pro 5.1 Cross Grade Disc (5.0 - 5.1)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Freid
Need Final Cut Pro 5.1 Cross Grade Disc (5.0 - 5.1)
on Dec 15, 2010 at 10:43:21 am

I just need the cross grade disc to get me from Final Cut Pro 5.0 to 5.1 Apple no longer supports this update and suggested that I do what I'm doing here -- ask for it! It was free or very inexpensive initially, so I'm hoping someone has it laying around and is willing to pass it on to me! I already have the full suite for 5.0

Thank you!

Steve Freid

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Need Final Cut Pro 5.1 Cross Grade Disc (5.0 - 5.1)
on Dec 15, 2010 at 4:52:59 pm

It was NOT free, it was about $200.

The problem is anyone who has upgraded from 5.1 legally cannot give it to you because there newer upgrade is dependent on having the older one. And no one is going to who needs that serial number for their own system is going to give it to you.

You should look into purchasing the new FCS, it has MANY improvements that are worth it.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
on Dec 15, 2010 at 5:03:02 pm

[Zane Barker] "You should look into purchasing the new FCS, it has MANY improvements that are worth it."

Unless of course you are still on a PowerPC, in which case you can't install the new FCS.

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Dec 15, 2010 at 5:11:53 pm

[Jeremy Doyle] "Unless of course you are still on a PowerPC, in which case you can't install the new FCS."

If you are still on a PPC then you gained nothing by getting the 5.1 cross grade. The purpose of the cross grade was to make FCS intel compatible. It added no features other then intel compatibility. Why would someone spend money on intel compatibility and not be putting it on a Intel machine.

Im betting Steven wants 5.1 because he now has a Intel machine and his old FCP is not intel compatible.

And if this Intel machine is a new one with Snow Leopard then, you would not want to put 5.1 on it because there are compatibility issues with the old software and the newer OS.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
on Dec 15, 2010 at 8:40:18 pm

[Zane Barker] "If you are still on a PPC then you gained nothing by getting the 5.1 cross grade."

Not entirely true. 5.1.4 added quite a bit with HDV and XDCAM compatibility that worked on a PPC before being fully implemented in version 6.

[Zane Barker] "Im betting Steven wants 5.1 because he now has a Intel machine and his old FCP is not intel compatible."

Although you're probably correct in this.

Return to posts index

Steven Freid
on Dec 15, 2010 at 10:19:49 pm

YES, Zane is absolutely correct when he said: [Zane Barker] "I'm betting Steven wants 5.1 because he now has a Intel machine and his old FCP is not intel compatible." I am running Tiger and 5.1 would be perfectly fine for me right now. I'm looking for a quick, inexpensive fix! Thanks for your feedback -- I hope someone has the disc! ~Steve

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Dec 15, 2010 at 11:15:17 pm

Steven you need more then just a disk. You need the serial number. And like I said if someone has bought the new FCS as an upgrade they still need that SN for their upgrade. They can't give you that SN and still use it themselves.

Sure I could give you my 5.1 disk but it would do you no good because I won't give you the SN as my upgraded version needs that SN.

I would check eBay and craigslist to see if someone is selling SN old version. And make sure they are selling a legal version.

Return to posts index

Steven Freid
on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:16:59 am

Thanks Zane -- I'm trying! I was thinking in terms of someone who's not using their 5.1 anymore......

Return to posts index

Jeremy Doyle
on Dec 15, 2010 at 5:05:16 pm

[Zane Barker] "It was NOT free, it was about $200."

and is was $49 dollars if you were already running studio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]