FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence settings?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brach Pulver
Sequence settings?
on Dec 14, 2010 at 6:28:13 pm

I am sending a 30 minute show to a network via xdcam. The problem is that the footage was captured on a Sony Z1u. I was told to have these sequence settings.

1920 x 1080 HDTV 1080i (16:9)
pixel aspect ratio: square
field Dominance: none
Editing Timebase: 59:97

Quicktime settings: apple prores 422 HQ

First problem is do not have the option of changing the editing timebase. Second problem is that the video when I change it to square and none goes to the SD look 4:3. Ideas??

Also if the video is captured at 1440 should it be left at that for the sequence settings??

Way to much rendering

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Sequence settings?
on Dec 14, 2010 at 6:33:44 pm

[Brach Pulver] "I am sending a 30 minute show to a network via xdcam. "

OK...but now this confuses me...

[Brach Pulver] "Quicktime settings: apple prores 422 HQ"

How can you send a 30 min show to a network via XDCAM if the QT settings are ProRes? Those are two different codecs.

Don't change your sequence...make a new one. One that matches those settings. NOTE! 59.94 means 29.97fps 1080i 59.94 means FIELDS per second, so 30 FRAMES per second. Make a ProRes sequence to match those settings...copy and paste your clips into that. Render. Export a Self Contained QT file.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brach Pulver
on Dec 14, 2010 at 6:44:42 pm

Is there a better way to write to xdcam? This is the first show they have received in xdcam. They may not know a better way.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 14, 2010 at 6:50:22 pm

[Brach Pulver] "Is there a better way to write to xdcam?"

Output to an XDCAM deck...to an XDCAM disk. That's how you export XDCAM. But they want ProRes...on an XDCAM disk? I don't understand.

Shane

Return to posts index

Brach Pulver
on Dec 14, 2010 at 7:03:30 pm

It will not let me use these setting anyway. It say the current settings are unsupported. I can do anything within the XDCAM HD settings and it will export fine?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 14, 2010 at 7:12:32 pm

[Brach Pulver] "It will not let me use these setting anyway."

How won't it? The PRORES settings? Do no change the CURRENT sequence to those settings. Make a new sequence by choosing the settings they want in the EASY SETUP. Then make a new sequence...and copy/paste.

[Brach Pulver] "I can do anything within the XDCAM HD settings and it will export fine?"

Export fine to what? They are giving two conflicting specs. They want XDCAM in the ProRes format. Do they want an XDCAM disk in the XDCAM format, or a ProRes QT file? Gotta ask them to clarify.

Shane

Return to posts index

Brach Pulver
on Dec 14, 2010 at 7:22:24 pm

They are most interested I am guessing in the QT format. I am the one who wants to send a xdcam disk. For the simple reason I do not want to send out an external hard drive for every episode.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 14, 2010 at 7:26:34 pm

[Brach Pulver] "I am the one who wants to send a xdcam disk."

A DATA disk? Ahhhh... just as storage. Well, that would only work if they have an XDCAM data reader on their end. Delivery format needs to work on both ends.

I deliver a show to Starz once a week. They provided two drives, I copy one week to one drive, and then we trade, and I do the next week to the next drive, and we trade.

Shane

Return to posts index

Brach Pulver
on Dec 14, 2010 at 7:33:09 pm

I like the trading thing. Sounds way easier.

They must have a way to read it. I sent them one show and things were okay as far as reading it. On my end I changed the original sequence and things went haywire. (The video looked SD) I am just trying to get it simplified.

So you would export a QT file with the settings they requested and copy it to a hard drive?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 14, 2010 at 7:35:27 pm

[Brach Pulver] "So you would export a QT file with the settings they requested and copy it to a hard drive?"

That's what we do. We also work in the settings they require, so that makes things easy.

Shane

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]