FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting 1080i60 in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Perry
Exporting 1080i60 in FCP
on Dec 14, 2010 at 4:01:35 am

Hello!

I filmed and edited a music video in hdv 1080i60. I was trying to reach smooth slowmotion and other effects when filming. I have edited my video in FCP 6 and it looks great in the canvas. When exporting, it looks horrible. It becomes glitchy and my transitions and cuts are weird. What is the best way to fix this problem?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Exporting 1080i60 in FCP
on Dec 14, 2010 at 4:54:41 am

There are many ways to export from FCP, you're gonna have to provide the details to us if you want detailed and helpful assistance.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Scott Perry
on Dec 14, 2010 at 5:40:17 am

Well. I shot the video in 1080i60 on my canon xha1. I uploaded the footage to fcp and set my sequence preset to 1080i60 aswell. After editing i went to export like i usually do but this time the video looks chopped and messed up. I tried exporting it different ways but the best way i achived an ok file was as a fcp quicktime file. I was hoping to put this on the web, so i was wondering if there are some tricks or certain ways to export my 1080i60 video. Even exporting it as a different format would be fine too but i want to make sure everything looks good.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Dec 14, 2010 at 3:52:45 pm

Scott,

We don't know what exporting in your usual way is... You're guessing now and that's not working, so I doubt you want is to guess too, right?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]