FORUMS: list search recent posts

video salvage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Cooney
video salvage
on Dec 10, 2010 at 6:31:56 pm

I know this is a no no.. but you get in these situations where the client just wants to use a low rez clip in a project. I have reduced the output as low res as possible.. now 720x404. It is a 16:9 project. most of the footage supplied is ok 1200x720 etc. I have one important clip that is in 4:3. The project cannot be in 4:3 and have letterbox for the HD footage. So I'm forced to blow up the 4:3 to fill the screen. It's blowing out the clip a bit and I was wondering if anyone knows a method or some software that might clean it up..at least a bit. It's probably not that bad. But it's unacceptable to me. thanks

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: video salvage
on Dec 10, 2010 at 6:45:42 pm

Can you post a still?

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Dec 10, 2010 at 6:59:33 pm

here are 2 stills.. same clip.

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Dec 10, 2010 at 7:01:44 pm

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 10, 2010 at 7:07:13 pm

It looks like the 4x3 video is interlaced; that's not necessarily a bad thing, but something that must be dealt with. What's the frame rate of this project, and the frame rate of the 4x3 footage?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Dec 10, 2010 at 7:09:43 pm

frame rate is 29.97 . I tried using a delinterlace filter within FCP. should I convert the video to prores 422? would that help, you think?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 10, 2010 at 7:18:27 pm

[Brian Cooney] "frame rate is 29.97 . "

I'll assume you mean that's the frame rate of both the footage and the project.

[Brian Cooney] "should I convert the video to prores 422?"

Perhaps. Don't use FCP's built-in Deinterlace filter; it stinks on ice. Instead, take the original SD clip into Compressor. You can then transcode to the the codec of the rest of your footage, while deinterlacing at the same time; Compressor does a much better job of it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Brian Cooney
on Dec 10, 2010 at 7:31:12 pm

thanks.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 10, 2010 at 7:24:55 pm

[Brian Cooney] "now 720x404. It is a 16:9 project. most of the footage supplied is ok 1200x720 etc. I have one important clip that is in 4:3. The project cannot be in 4:3 and have letterbox for the HD footage. So I'm forced to blow up the 4:3 to fill the screen."
If you put a 4x3 NTSC clip on an 16x9 NTSC sequence YOUR ARE BLOWING UP NOTHING.
Your picture remains at 100%.
You are just Cropping the top and bottom of the image.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]