FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ingesting 5d stills as time-lapse clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Schultz
Ingesting 5d stills as time-lapse clip
on Dec 10, 2010 at 10:37:50 am

I'm renting a 5d for the weekend and I'm hoping to get some cityscape time lapse b-roll for a piece I'm working on. In other forums, I got advice on how to use an intervelometer to capture stills. But then I don't know how to ingest the stills into either motion or FCP to create 24 fps. Does anyone know how to do this? I don't have after effects. I'm posting in the Motion forum as well.
Many thanks

Dan S.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Ingesting 5d stills as time-lapse clip
on Dec 10, 2010 at 10:48:10 am

Set the Still/Freeze Duration in the User Preferences to 1 (or whatever you want each frame to last) then import the folder with the stills in into FCP. Open that folder in the browser and make sure that the stills are in number order, then select all and drop them onto a timeline. Then go for a coffee while it renders.

Return to posts index

Daniel Schultz
on Dec 10, 2010 at 11:26:24 am

thank you!

Dan S.

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Dec 10, 2010 at 11:37:27 am

You could also "open as image sequence" in QuickTime 7...and transcode to ur favorite codec from there.

Return to posts index

Gary Askham
on Dec 10, 2010 at 12:48:58 pm

I'd go with the Quicktime route. It has been designed for dealing with Image Sequences.

Bringing a few hundred images into Final Cut Pro is a sure-fire way to bring it to it's knees.

------------------------
FCP and Avid Technical Support
Air Post Production
Shoreditch - London

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Dec 10, 2010 at 4:02:37 pm

And don't forget this: the correct frame rate for film in NTSC-Land is 23.976. Not 23.98. Not 24. 23.976. Never mind that FCP calls it 23.98.

The exceptions: you're mixing this time lapse with stuff on a camera that can actually shoot at 24, and they are few and far between. Also, if you're creating this project for a film-out; you can get away with 24, but it's not advisable.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]