FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cutting dead space out of video

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wes Beale
Cutting dead space out of video
on Dec 10, 2010 at 2:40:01 am

So I filmed a professor in a classroom teaching full day classes for an entire week (LOTS of video!) The client just wants me to drop in the slides from the presentation (done) and cut out dead space in the video where he isn't speaking. I was wondering if perhaps there is a plugin or a feature already in FCP that will mark, or even systematically cut out video where there is silence, or where the subject is not talking. He wore a lav for the whole week and there is little to no noise in the audio track. I have been just looking through the audio and doing it by hand, but if there is a way I could knock this out quicker, that'd be stellar. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Cutting dead space out of video
on Dec 10, 2010 at 4:06:11 pm

There is not yet a plugin or filter that replaces the human at the controls of FCP. Why the heck would they pay you if all you had to do was apply a filter?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]