FORUMS: list search recent posts

16x9 Footage Into a 4x9 Project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Petty
16x9 Footage Into a 4x9 Project
on Dec 9, 2010 at 9:09:06 pm

Hey Kids...

Ah, clients...ya gotta love them. I am knocking out a presentation for a client needs first thing Monday AM. (They are paying through the nose on this caper).

The timeline is 90% old (I mean literally early 90's) VHS footage in 3x4 format. BUT...I have to also cut in some really nice XDCAM EX footage. How do I format the XDCAM EX footage into 3x4 format. Never had the call to do this so I have no clue.

Also how can I make the old footage look crystal clear like the XDCAM footage??? (Relax...just kidding!)

MP

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 16x9 Footage Into a 4x3 Project
on Dec 9, 2010 at 9:13:22 pm

Sounds pretty easy: work in a 4x3 SD timeline, add the HD footage, then scale and position to taste.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Christopher Targia
Re: 16x9 Footage Into a 4x9 Project
on Dec 9, 2010 at 9:33:41 pm

Pretty much what Dave said, set the sequence up so it matches the compression of the 90% VHS footage you have, and then import the HD footage, you will need to render of course, unless you want to compress the HD footage to match the rest of the footage first. After that its a matter and dragging them into the time-line and decided if you want to have letterbox or cut the sides of the video to fill the screen. The HD footage will not look as clear as before in the SD timeline.
You could however put all the SD footage into an HD timeline, although this will take more processing time, I would recommend against it, unless the client is looking for 16x9 footage. What does your client want as output anyway? 16x9 or 4x3?

================================================
MacPro Octo Core Intel Xenon 2.8Ghz 10GB DDR2 Ram
FCP 7.0.3
-I highly recommend el Gato Turbo264HD-

Return to posts index

Mike Petty
Re: 16x9 Footage Into a 4x9 Project
on Dec 10, 2010 at 12:00:55 am

It will be output to 4x3...that's my call. Least common denominator. Everything I have is 4x3 except that one sequence of XDCAM Footage so that seemed the way to do it. It's a boardroom type presentation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]