FORUMS: list search recent posts

interlacing in fcp

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashish Sah
interlacing in fcp
on Dec 8, 2010 at 1:19:42 pm

i m editing a film in fcp..that film was shooted in SONY Z7(1080i50)(25FPS)...for a theater print we hav to upgrade that like digital to cine...
in my digital print intlacing is main problem..we use de-interlace filter to remove that...but after placing de-interlace filter, the quality of the film is go down..n we hav to convert in 25fps to 24fps, i to p (prograsive)...how can v solve this interlaceing problem...

ashish

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: interlacing in fcp
on Dec 8, 2010 at 4:27:03 pm

I'd use Compressor to change the frames to progressive rather than a filter in FCP. There's options in the Frame Controls menu to get better quality deinterlacing.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 8, 2010 at 7:18:18 pm

FCP's deinterlacer basically just throws out one of the fields...thus reducing the quality by half.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Dec 8, 2010 at 7:40:32 pm

[Shane Ross] "FCP's deinterlacer basically just throws out one of the fields...thus reducing the quality by half."

Can you get it to just throw out the half from the waist down?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Ashish Sah
on Dec 19, 2010 at 2:49:44 am

hi andrew,
i hav use compressor's frame control option..it's also a filter facility..only difference is, u can also export it to other hight quality format like AppRos422(HQ)and other...i havnt seen any difference frm my naked eyes..bcoz both time v r using filter, via compressor or via fcp's effects/de-interlace filter..
or may i using wrong option..

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Dec 21, 2010 at 4:48:43 pm

It's worth doing some tests to find the best setting for your particular job, plus you need to watch the result on a proper screen to be able to judge the results, not a computer monitor.

What I'm referring to is this: when you select the settings in Compressor, go to the Frame Controls tab in the Inspector window. When you enable the Frame Controls, you can set the Output Fields to Progressive and below that the Deinterlace options are Fast (line averaging), Better (Motion adaptive) and Best (Motion compensated).

N.B. If you use the deinterlace filter you're throwing away information and this process will be a waste of time.

Return to posts index

Ashish Sah
on Dec 22, 2010 at 6:11:39 pm

tnx andru...
i hav tried, the way u suggest...may b i hav normal monitar that's why i havnt seen any diff..aft using composer's d-interlacing option..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]