FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace audio on a project stringout

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Gallagher
Replace audio on a project stringout
on Dec 7, 2010 at 10:45:03 pm

I have created a cleaned up, heavily edited stringout of a day's worth of shooting. I have now been given slate sync audio that sounds a whole lot better than what was going into the camera. What is the best way to replace the audio without having to start over and re-edit the stringout?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Replace audio on a project stringout
on Dec 7, 2010 at 11:01:32 pm

Why is this happening a lot lately? I swear, every other day or so there is a post about someone who starts editing footage, or completes a full edit, BEFORE they sync the master sound to the clip. And then hope to have some sort of easy button to make the new audio just drop into place.

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=12721336#12721336

Sorry to be taking this out on you...it just seems that no one is getting the proper training lately. And this causes a LOT more work, and a lot more time lost due to the lack of proper editing protocol.

If you shoot ANYTHING and happen to roll second system audio, DO NOT DO ANYTHING editing wise until you sync that audio up to picture....via MERGE CLIPS. If you do any editing, then you'll have to manually go through each and every cut, and recut in the new clips with the master audio to replace what you have. You'll have to make new MERGED clips. Then note the timecode of the existing footage on the timeline, open the corresponding clip and go to that timecode, map the audio properly, and then recut in the clip. For every clip you have in the cut.

You might try to see what Pluraleyes can do for you, but I wouldn't hold out hope. There is no substitute for doing things right the first time.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 7, 2010 at 11:28:52 pm

Or try this:

http://assistedediting.intelligentassistance.com/Sync-N-Link/

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
on Dec 8, 2010 at 3:27:26 pm

Shane,

You can drag a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]