FORUMS: list search recent posts

error message when attempt to render

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Cervarich
error message when attempt to render
on Dec 7, 2010 at 7:45:58 pm

I have a 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon with 12 GB of memory running Mac OS 10.6.5 and I using FCP 7.0.3. I have had the system for about a year and never had any problems until last week when I attempted to render after opening a new project. I got an error message and nothing was rendered. I ran Disk Utility on the appropriate drives and I ran Disk Warrior on the rest of the appropriate drives. This did not fix the problem. Then, after consulting your archive, I trashed preferences. This worked. I was pleased with myself, until yesterday when the problem occurred again. Now when I trash preferences after running both Disk Utility and Disk Warrior on the appropriate drives, I still cannot render. I imagine there is an easy fix and 'operator error' will prove to be the answer. Please help me to prove my theory correct by offering some guidance. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Stephan Walfridsson
Re: error message when attempt to render
on Dec 7, 2010 at 9:45:18 pm

What does the error message say? What is your source format and what are your sequence settings? What are you doing on the timeline that requires rendering?

Stephan

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Dec 7, 2010 at 10:12:03 pm

Search this forum for "memory error".

Return to posts index

Frank Cervarich
on Dec 7, 2010 at 10:31:36 pm

The error message says 'access denied.' The source is a slide and Boris 3D Text. I have tried a number of formats and sequence settings, none of which seem to influence the error message. I am trying to render the two above mentioned items which occupy the same place on the timeline, one being on V1 and the other being on V2.

After I sent this call for help, though, I did try to trash preferences one more time. I am not sure why, but this time it worked. Hopefully, it will hold up and pass the test of time.

Thanks for getting back to me. I really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]