FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture HDV video in FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lavoy Shepherd
Capture HDV video in FCP 7
on Dec 4, 2010 at 5:36:45 am

I have Captured HDV video in my G5 many times no problems. I have a new MacBook Pro with FCP 7. I can't seem to get the HDV picture to show up in Log and Capture. The VCR function works and I have control of the camera from the keyboard but no data to record. I have Sequence Preset to HDV 1080i, Capture Preset on HDV, Device control on Sony HDV Firewire.
I'm useing a Sony FX-1 camera to play back the footage it has a 4 pin firewire I'm using a 4 to 6 pin firewire that is going in to the laptop with a 6 pin firewire to firewire 800 adapter. This configuration works fine for SD Capture but doesn't seem to work for HDV.
Help

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Capture HDV video in FCP 7
on Dec 4, 2010 at 2:18:11 pm

Seems to me that most of the Sony HDV cameras have a function to down convert the HDV to DV... that setting would be on the camera itself. Check to see that this isn't the problem, because it sounds like this is what is going on.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Lavoy Shepherd
Re: Capture HDV video in FCP 7
on Dec 4, 2010 at 6:41:43 pm

Both the VCR and the I.Link Conversion were set on Auto I thought that would work. I changed them both to HDV did the trick thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]