FORUMS: list search recent posts

trouble exporting quicktime movie / compressing film

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kai Mariah
trouble exporting quicktime movie / compressing film
on Dec 4, 2010 at 3:30:12 am

Hi.
I'm working in Final Cut Pro (v6.0 -- codec set to DV NTSC 48 KHz). It will not export my file to a quicktime movie -- I keep getting a general error message.

I tried exporting using compressor and it gets to about 20,000 frames then it quits.

When I used the compressor it created the audio file (.ac3) alright.

I thought maybe it was because I hadn't rendered the file for playback so I did that but it still won't export my file to a quicktime movie and it quits when it gets to 20,000 frames in compressor.

I tried reinstalling FCP and Compressor. That didn't work.

I tried trashing the preferences and that didn't work.

I removed the audio after it compressed that file. It still doesn't work.

I've tried making a self-contained movie and a reference movie -- neither works.

Usually when I get a general error message when rendering for playback and after trashing the preferences it's because there's a corrupt clip somewhere in the timeline -- but it shows the red line above where the problem is. The timeline is showing it's all rendered for playback -- no red lines.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks.
Kai

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: trouble exporting quicktime movie / compressing film
on Dec 4, 2010 at 3:59:47 am

[Kai Mariah] "I tried reinstalling FCP and Compressor. That didn't work."
They must be uninstalled but you do a reinstall and Compressor parts are all over the place, there is an app by Digital Rebellion that is a must for removing FCS apps.

This problem can be cause by a bad clip or filter, it is sometimes a pain to find the cause.

Duplicate the timeline and remove on the filters (remove attributes - Filters) and see if that renders or exports out, using the simple Self contained movie with Current settings. If that works you have a filter issue. If it doesn't list what hardware and drives you have installed.

Return to posts index

Kai Mariah
on Dec 4, 2010 at 4:17:51 am

I'm not sure where you want me to remove the filters. Is that in the settings or preferences or under one of the drop down menus within the timeline?

Thanks.
Kai

Return to posts index

Kai Mariah
on Dec 4, 2010 at 4:23:28 am

I'm not sure where you want me to remove the filters. Is it in the system settings or preferences or in one of the timeline drop down menus?

Thanks.
Kai

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Dec 4, 2010 at 5:45:54 am

Select all the clips in the new timeline (Rename it with Filters removed or something like that) Then right click on any clip and select "Remove Attributes" check the Filters, hit okay. Then Export.

NOTE make sure you are working with a duplicate of your timeline.

Return to posts index

Kai Mariah
on Dec 4, 2010 at 7:25:36 am

O.K. I did this and it did not render. It looked like it was for a while but then it gave me the general error message again.

Kai

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Dec 4, 2010 at 8:56:36 pm

Set in/out points and attempt to export in 2 minute increments until you locate which clips are corrupt.

Return to posts index

Kai Mariah
on Dec 4, 2010 at 9:20:40 pm

Thanks. I was hoping you weren't going to say that but I'll work on it.
Kai

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]