FORUMS: list search recent posts

Assistance needed! export via compressor failing.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Lewis
Assistance needed! export via compressor failing.
on Dec 2, 2010 at 11:51:37 am

Trying to export an 80-minute doc to DVD on deadline, but Compressor keeps halting video export with the message of a Quick Time failure. I'm also getting a 'general error (34)' every time I start up both the project and in compressor. I've had no trouble working in the sequence or exporting via QT conversion but I can't get anything I can use in my DVD SP project (audio export to ac3 worked fine.) I've made three or four attempts -- sometimes compressor will run for 45 minutes before it quits.

system info: FC Studio 2 / FCP 6.0.6, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 quad core intel xeon, the project media is on a 1 TB g drive with17 gigs of free space, connected by FW 800. I've checked the disk (no problems there), trashed prefs.

any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! I've already spent a full afternoon on this yesterday and now I'm facing more lost time. Please help me, COW Community! thanks....

David

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Assistance needed! export via compressor failing.
on Dec 2, 2010 at 12:11:58 pm

Export a self contained QuickTime using Export>>QuickTime Movie, then use that file in Compressor.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

David Lewis
on Dec 2, 2010 at 12:17:01 pm

thanks david i will try that. in the meantime, here's the error message:

Name: Rough Cut
Submission Time: 12/1/10 9:52:16
Owner: dave
Time Elapsed: 0:42:13
Time Remaining: 0:00:00
Percent Complete: 100

and here is the final message from the log report, where the error first appears:

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Dec 2, 2010 at 10:06:57 pm

General Error 34 is a disk full error. A 1 TB drive with only 17 gigs free is dangerously full. You should always leave a bare minimum of 10% of your drive empty (some argue 20%). Try rendering out to a different drive, and even better, buy a new drive and offload some of that footage.

Richard Sanchez
North Hollywood, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]