FORUMS: list search recent posts

no communication bewtween the Sony V1 and Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tina-Louise Smith
no communication bewtween the Sony V1 and Final Cut Pro
on Dec 2, 2010 at 10:58:13 am

Hallo Creative Cows!

I have searched the forums - maybe I haven't used the correct keywords - and this is the most relevant I found: http://forums.creativecow.net/search.php?q=no+communication+with+deck+and+f... and http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/957779

I am working on a G5 with Final Cut Pro 5.0.4. My client has shot on his Sony V1 (PAL) in HDV. I have tried connecting via firewire through the USB port and through the firewire port on the Mac.

I always get confused with the different settings, so maybe I have these wrong, but hope you can help me.

Can I capture HDV to my FCP version? If I have to down convert what do the settings need to be on the camera and on the mac?

I can't find the bookmark now, but someone had advised that on the camera to make sure the A/V was set to DV. Or something like that - thing is this option is not on the V1 I have with me from the client.

My firewire cables are relatively new. It could be the ports on the camera, but that seems like the easy way out.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Thank you
TLS

Return to posts index

Anna Chiaretta Lavatelli
Re: no communication bewtween the Sony V1 and Final Cut Pro
on Dec 3, 2010 at 6:34:51 pm

This is a question from my intro to media class. You need to do some more learning before taking on clients.

With the camera turned on and connected via firewire start final cut.

Go to A/V Settings on Final Cut

Device Control Preset - select HDV Firewire 25 fps

alt F12 or view refresh AV devices...

HDV can be finicky so you may need to restart FCP and check your settings again, perhaps try basic or firewire PAL in case the shoot was in regular pal as opposed to HD.

AND

Don't use cameras to capture footage, unnecessary wear and tear.

VIDEO ARTIST AND TECHNICIAN EXTRAORDINAIRE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]