FORUMS: list search recent posts

MXF to apple Pro res-anyone know how?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathann Launer
MXF to apple Pro res-anyone know how?
on Dec 2, 2010 at 4:02:53 am

I am having a time trying to convert MXF files shot on an EX3 to Apple Prores 422. The MXF files were already dumped to a drive. I can't seem to do it! Anyone???

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: MXF to apple Pro res-anyone know how?
on Dec 2, 2010 at 4:11:35 am

Adobe Media Encoder will do the job. So will Clipwrap.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Jonathann Launer
on Dec 2, 2010 at 4:51:27 pm

Clipwrap did not work either. mmmmmm.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 2, 2010 at 4:11:42 am

Full card structure present? Or did they just pick and choose files from the card to back up? Because if they got the FULL card structure, then you can use the Sony Transfer Utility to convert to XDCAM QT files. Or install the XDCAM Log and Transfer plugin to bring in as XDCAM...then Media Manage to ProRes.

Sorry...always a two step process with those options. Could see what ClipWrap2 has to offer...it might do it. Demo available.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jonathann Launer
on Dec 2, 2010 at 5:08:02 am

Well, the folders are named reel 1 through 10, and inside each reel folder is a folder named contents, inside that are folders named audio,clip,icon,proxy,video,and voice. then there is a document of some sort called lastclip.txt. Is that everything, or is there more?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 2, 2010 at 5:11:40 am

Those aren't from an EX3. Those are P2 files. Either from a DVCPRO HD or an AVCIntra capable camera. If they are DVCPRO HD...from an HVX-200, HPX-170 or HPX-500...they can only be imported natively...as DVCPRO HD. If they come from an HPX-300, 2000, 3000, 2700, 3700...then they are AVCIntra in which case you can change the settings to import them in the Log and Transfer preferences.

I have a FULL tutorial on this process here: Tapeless Workflow for FCP 7 Tutorial.

Watch that now and then do your importing.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jonathann Launer
on Dec 2, 2010 at 8:05:15 am

Good tutorial. It almost worked. The clips start, then just stop after a few seconds. Beach ball time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]