FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Ghost" frame shows up in export and playing timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Crow
"Ghost" frame shows up in export and playing timeline
on Nov 30, 2010 at 11:07:37 pm

Hi,

I've had this happen a few times and have never solved the issue satisfactorily...it is almost like FCP is holding a frame or two in cache that used to be in the timeline and never completely flushed it out when it was deleted from the timeline.

If I play my timeline I get a frame or two of a scene that I deleted long ago. If I zoom all the way into the timeline so that I am looking at every frame - I don't see it. But if I export the video or, like I said, simply play it on the timeline...there's that "ghost" frame of something I killed long ago.

What gives? How do I fix this?

Return to posts index

Mark Laslo
Re: "Ghost" frame shows up in export and playing timeline
on Dec 1, 2010 at 1:42:03 pm

Hi Steve,

Have you tried clearing out your render files and then re-rendering your sequence. It's possible that these frames are just located in an old render file and the system is still referring to that instead of whats actually in the time line.

Hope that helps,

Mark

Return to posts index

ross daly
Re: "Ghost" frame shows up in export and playing timeline
on Dec 2, 2010 at 5:33:01 am

One other thing you can do is to turn the rubber bands on, turn the opacity of the problem clip down, force a render, then turn them back up and re-render.
Sometimes forcing that re-render helps to clean out the cache without having to trash everything.

_Ross

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]