FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut New Project on Startup

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Martin
Final Cut New Project on Startup
on Nov 27, 2010 at 6:46:18 pm

So final cut wierdly started to load a new project on startup when it use to just have an empty space in which i could click File -> open -> etc... However, now whenever I load up FCP it forces me to have a new "Unknown" project which means I'm faced with autosave messages and save now! Really annoying.. anyone else had this>? Any ideas in how i can stop it??? Pretty annoying.

Thanks guys! P

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Final Cut New Project on Startup
on Nov 27, 2010 at 7:35:54 pm

It's a user preference, and if you have a crash or trash preferences the setting will change. So, find the setting in user prefs or look in the manual.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Paul Martin
on Nov 28, 2010 at 12:01:31 am

Thanks David, I've checked both and can't find anything... surely this isn't just me having this problem? I don't want to have my previous project launch on startup either as sometimes my projects are huge and take a minute or 2 to boot up...

Return to posts index

Joseph Bradley
on Nov 29, 2010 at 1:23:03 am

Forgive me if you have already done this, but have you trashed your prefs and reset them?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]