FORUMS: list search recent posts

Big Project on Canon

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
heinz winter
Big Project on Canon
on Nov 25, 2010 at 10:07:51 am

Hello and Sorry that i bring maybe a old Question again.

I start the Postproduction of my DocMovie filmt with the canon 5d.
The Material is on two externel HDs(4T),one for edit one Back up. the Material i have take about 3.4 Tera Canon Nativ (h264) and some other stuff and i have a build a struktur on it witch i would like to have in the browser and in the edit.

My first idee was to edit nativ until the Cut is done and change then to ProRes for effects and the rest, this would be possible with adobe Premiere at the moment but not with final Cut i think or?

I know that the canon codec is not for Postproduction and that i shut go over an ProRe Codec but this brings me to some problem because off space and Workflow. My question is now
1. If i change the houl stuff to Pro Res 422 i need an other Big big HD even if i woud have a Raid 8 Terra there would^nt be enought space and i don`t have a Backup if the raid crash i just have the Nativ Material
2. If i go on Pro Res Proxi for Edit i have more or less the same problem and it take me a lot off work to rebuild my struktur

So what would you do, has someone experience with biger Project or cutting on Adobe Premiere in Nativ Format

Thanks for Help and sorry that this is maybe an old Question

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Big Project on Canon
on Nov 25, 2010 at 5:12:48 pm

Buy the drive space and transcode it all to ProRes. If you don't, the work involved up rezing the "edit" you end up with will be a real pain. Much like a manual conform.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
on Nov 27, 2010 at 12:12:09 am

[Jerry Hofmann] "Buy the drive space and transcode it all to ProRes. If you don't, the work involved up rezing the "edit" you end up with will be a real pain. Much like a manual conform."

Perhaps, but you can export DPX files directly out of Premiere Pro, so I'm not that it's his only option.

Return to posts index

heinz winter
on Nov 27, 2010 at 12:31:14 pm

Thanks for the answhere
I was sitting yesterday with my material on a mac pro quad core 3ghz and make a test to edit in the adobe premiere cs5 and i have to say it`works and i could edit my nativ material without any problem, allsou with picturs, some effects, multilayer etc... i think i have to check out how i come out of the premiere but at the moment i think this will be the best solution for my projekt because to make my 4 terra to pro res 422 it will take 12 Terra and then i should have allsou a Back Up.
Even if i don`t like to chanche the software but i think in this case the premiere sounds really interesting and is a step forward.

greeting and thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]