FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting MP4 Audio... STUPID BEEPS!!!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Roesler
Converting MP4 Audio... STUPID BEEPS!!!
on Nov 24, 2010 at 10:26:31 pm

Hi Everyone,
I've done a good amount of research today and I can't solve this problem myself. I am pulling a clip from a Flip Video into Final Cut and when I attempt to edit, the audio plays back nothing but beeps and there is a red line over the clip at the bottom. From what I understand, this is because the MP4 file has different sequencing than my final cut settings, 44.1k vs. 48k. I found that I need to extract the audio, convert it to AIFF and reinsert the audio but the only free reccomended means of doing so is QuickTime for the audio export.

I don't have quicktime, and when I try to install QT7, my Mac tells me that I can't because I already have quickitme x... yet I can't find it anywhere or use it. Soo...

How can I pull the audio from these clips, convert it to the acceptable format, and put everything back together in such a way that it works? I am a total noob, so the simpler the instructions, the better.

And what's the deal with Quicktime X? Why is my mac pretending to have quicktime on it?

Thanks very much for all of your help... I really tried before coming here.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Converting MP4 Audio... STUPID BEEPS!!!
on Nov 24, 2010 at 11:00:32 pm

Both the video and audio from flip cameras needs to be converted. Compressor will convert the image from H264 to ProRes 422 and change the audio sample rate from 44.1 to 48khz in one pass. Do this first and then start editing in a sequence that matches the ProRes. No render bars and it will work.

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Nov 24, 2010 at 11:16:27 pm

Ok so the programs compressor will take care of it? Do I even need to export the audio or are there commands within compressor that do the whole thing? Thanks for the reply... I really appreciate it

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Nov 24, 2010 at 11:21:02 pm

Cool.. are those commands pretty easy to find in compressor? I have no idea what a render bar is but I'll try to stay away from it.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 24, 2010 at 11:38:18 pm

[Travis Roesler] "I have no idea what a render bar is but I'll try to stay away from it."

The render bar and beeps are indicators to warn you that the codec and sample rates are not matching the sequence. Render bars will also appear when you add filters and plugins that need to be rendered to play smoothly in real time.

Honestly, this is so basic that I recommend you read the manual. And Compressor, which is relatively simple, but read the manual so you know where video and audio settings are and how to adjust them.

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Nov 25, 2010 at 1:32:51 am

I don't have the manual... and if I read the manual, in theory I would know everything there is to know about the program, which I don't need or care to do. If there was a simple walkthrough process that someone could share to save me the time it takes to find a manual and find a solution, I would be very appreciative. I'm a fighter, not a computer guy... I'm just trying to turn my dirty videos into something with playable sound and expose myself to the world. Cheers

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Nov 25, 2010 at 6:59:26 pm

"If there was a simple walkthrough process that someone could share to save me the time it takes to find a manual and find a solution."

You could hire a professional. Not the answer you want to hear, but outside of learning the program properly, this is your best bet, and how a great deal of us make our living.

Richard Sanchez
North Hollywood, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Nov 25, 2010 at 7:12:47 pm

Yes well that's not exactly the purpose of a help forum, dumbass. I figured it out myself.

Return to posts index

Richard Sanchez
on Nov 25, 2010 at 7:19:41 pm

No need to resort to name calling. I was simply stating, that without the willingness to read to manual, it would be an option.

Richard Sanchez
North Hollywood, CA

"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution." - Bill Hicks

Return to posts index

Stephan Walfridsson
on Nov 25, 2010 at 9:17:04 pm

[Travis Roesler] "I don't have the manual..."

It's right in front of you under the Help menu...

Stephan

Return to posts index

Travis Roesler
on Nov 24, 2010 at 11:30:41 pm

I messed around with compressor for an hour and I have no progress... I suck at this. What menu do I choose from to convert stuff?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 24, 2010 at 11:12:39 pm

Is possible that you have installed SL on top of Leopard? (I did)
Go to Main/Library/Receipts and look for any QT 7 receipt.
Delete it and try to install again QT7.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]