FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio filters

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Bigda
audio filters
on Nov 22, 2010 at 1:01:42 pm

I have been working with Premiere Pro for many years now and just recently switched over to FCP 7 at work. There is a filter in Premiere called Fill Left or Fill Right and it basically takes the left or right channel and makes it stereo. How can I do this in FCP? I do not want to use another program just for a simple audio issue. Thank you for your help.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: audio filters
on Nov 22, 2010 at 4:33:03 pm

You simply need to center pan any single audio channel to have it play out via both right and left channels.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Michael Bigda
on Nov 22, 2010 at 11:54:41 pm

In my job the left channel has a feed and the right channel has ambient sound. So centering the pan would still give me both channels. In reality I just want the left channel to be split onto both channels.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 23, 2010 at 2:27:09 am

So pan left to center and pull down the level to -inf on the right. Don't double a track to make it mono. It is a pain for audio post people to delete the duplicate later. Also the right channel with the level pulled down, comes through the OMF and you will be surprised how often that channel might be, so don't just delete it.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Nov 23, 2010 at 3:00:17 am

Michael the Tasmanian Devil and I are in complete agreement. He just left out the step of going to Modify and toggling stereo off. That gives you control of right and left channels separately. Besides panning center panning the channel you want, you can right click the other channel and simply uncheck "enable." That leaves it there in case you change your mind, but it keeps FCP from rendering it and adding extra 1 and 0s in the database.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 23, 2010 at 6:37:04 am

[David Roth Weiss] "you can right click the other channel and simply uncheck "enable.""

Sorry to break the agreement romance David, but this means us audio types don't get that clip in the OMF. Often it is rubbish but sometimes we get gems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]