FORUMS: list search recent posts

burn-in or image persistence using FCP 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Juan Galva
burn-in or image persistence using FCP 7
on Nov 22, 2010 at 9:41:30 am

Hi there!

Long time reader but this is my first thread. Not sure if FCP is the most convenient Forum Topic but my issue is quite related to it... Sorry if it's not.

I'm on a 2'8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac 24 inch, bought on december 2008. I was always very careful regarding the heat and the display. I always use SMCFanControl and always put the screen to sleep as soon as I'm away from the keyboard, Energy Saver and stuff...

Recently, in july 2010, I upgraded my iMac to Snow Leopard OS and turned into 64bits. After some months of almost no editing, I began working harder on FCP a week ago. Suddenly, a image persistence, like a burnt-in, appears in the right border and in the middle of the display. It's like a FCP user interface shadow: once I quit FCP, I can actually see the border of the timeline and the border of the canvas burnt in my display. It's kind of subtle, but there it is.

Never happen to me during the previous 2 years of usage. As I read in other forums, may be a problem with Leopard iMac when upgraded to Snow Leopard... anything to do with FCP?

Apple Support recommend to display an all-white pattern across the entire display (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2807?viewlocale=en_US). I did it last night and when I woke up, the problem simple got a little bit worst. And each time I use FCP, the image persistence comes again.

So, I shut down the iMac and wait until the heat went down (like 50 mins after). Turned on again and the persistence went a bit away. My question is: is my display hopeless burnt? Am I supposed just to coexist and deal with this? Will it get worst?

Hope somebody has a clue about this.

Thank you very much in advance.

Juan Galva | Editor and Junior Colorist

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: burn-in or image persistence using FCP 7
on Nov 22, 2010 at 7:17:33 pm

That isn't an FCP issue...that is a MONITOR issue. The image is getting burned into the monitor...a sign of an aging monitor. Stinks that this is an iMac...can't easily replace the monitor...BUILT IN!

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Juan Galva
Re: burn-in or image persistence using FCP 7
on Nov 22, 2010 at 7:39:17 pm

Thanks for your response! I was thinking about FCP because it appears to be the only software that lefts its "phantom" burnt on the display.

Anyway, I was not saying that this is a FCP issue, but a Snow Leopard OS "problem" that is making my computer going heater and thus, suddenly provoke the image persistence. In that case, I could recover the Leopard OS installation...

Since I post the thread, I managed to make the persistence going away... Of course, after use, it omes again... will it become worst?

Cheers!

Juan Galva | Editor and Junior Colorist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]