FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic Gh1 Zoom H4n syncing in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Downey
Panasonic Gh1 Zoom H4n syncing in FCP
on Nov 20, 2010 at 10:39:36 am

Just starting to shoot video on the Gh1 and experiencing some sync problems in FCP.

I'm using a hacked GH1. When I shoot AVCHD and record sound at 48/16bit everything syncs up fine, but of course the transferring of the AVCHD files takes forever.

I tried shooting photo jpeg and while the files go right into FCP or can be pretty quickly converted to ProRes, I have problems syncing up. The sound drifts after a couple of minutes.

I'm trying now to do a slowdown by a tiny fraction to correct for this, which I anticipate will work, but I am wondering if anyone can tell me what workflow they use for GH1 and H4N in FCP. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
Re: Panasonic Gh1 Zoom H4n syncing in FCP
on Nov 20, 2010 at 8:36:51 pm

There's no information in your post about video frame rate in the camera or in your FCP settings, or your bit rate in the H4n.

Not sure whether this is a similar problem to the original Canon 5D which shot at true 30fps not the 29.97 NTSC rate and required a work around for post syncing.

This should be the same process as syncing any HDSLR.

PluralEyes from Singular Software is an excellent program if you are going to be doing this regularly.

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]