FORUMS: list search recent posts

5.1 monitoring through Final Cut

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cliff Coburn
5.1 monitoring through Final Cut
on Nov 19, 2010 at 2:37:26 am

Our audio mixer sent me the 6 channels for a 5.1 surround mix for a show. In Final Cut is there a way to listen to the 6 channels through 6 individual speakers (5.1 set up) to determine if the audio is in the correct channel layout? I can currently listen to 2 at a time but I would like to hear how the 5.1 will sound.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: 5.1 monitoring through Final Cut
on Nov 19, 2010 at 3:12:31 am

Do you have a 5.1 speaker setup with an amp or self powered speakers? If so then you need an I/O card with at least six channel analog output, patched to the speakers. Beware they may be balanced professional levels (+4) if going into a domestic amp (-10).

Next set FCP to have six mono output channels and the assign the tracks to the outputs. Your sound person should have clearly indicated which tracks are Left, Center etc.

Return to posts index

Cliff Coburn
on Nov 19, 2010 at 10:04:53 pm

What kind of card has the 6 channel outputs? We have Kona Lhi.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 20, 2010 at 1:54:26 am

The Lhi only has multi channel audio via SDI embedded so you would need to use a deck with multi channel like HDCamSR to get six channels out of FCP. The Kona3 has up to 8 channels out via AES/EBU digital.

Decklink have models with multi channel via SDI or AES/EBU. Matrox MX02 Rack has 8 channels analog. MOTU V4HD has 8 channels out. There may be others.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]