FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing Mini DV footage from a DVX-100B into Final Cut Pro 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Capone
Capturing Mini DV footage from a DVX-100B into Final Cut Pro 7
on Nov 18, 2010 at 6:16:09 pm

Hello,

So I have a set up where my Sony DSR-20 DVCam deck is fire-wired into my Mac Pro for capturing Mini DV into Final Cut Pro (FCP version 7.0.2). As of yesterday, when I attempt to capture material shot on Mini DV (footage was shot on the Panasonic DVX-100B, letterboxed but NOT squeezed) final cut captures the material stretched. I have tried every capture setting I can think of (although, until yesterday,the capture preset of DV NTSC 48 kHz always worked).

My basic question is, has there been a change in Final Cut Pro that is causing this, or is there just a preset that I am missing? I don't think this is a deck issue, since the footage looks fine in the log and capture window, and then is stretched only after a batch capture. Anyone that could provide me with some insight, it would be greatly appreciated. If you need anymore specs on the situation let me know.

Thanks,
Michael Capone

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Capturing Mini DV footage from a DVX-100B into Final Cut Pro 7
on Nov 18, 2010 at 6:21:51 pm

The tape doesn't know or care if the camera was on letterbox or squeeze. If you shot letterbox you simply uncheck the anamorphic box in the capture settings. Nothing else can be done with FW capture. Then when you edit you need a 4:3 sequence (DV 3:2)

Return to posts index

Michael Capone
on Nov 19, 2010 at 5:36:48 pm

Thank you both for your help. It seems that the anamorphic option is checked automatically upon capture. Thank you both.

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
on Nov 18, 2010 at 9:35:02 pm

If footage is shot 16:9,
Every clip should have the Anamorphic flag on. If not turn it on.
DV timeline should be anamorphic.

'Capturing' 16:9 is just adding Anamorphic flags to the clips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]