FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Grow Bounds" utility in FCP?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Jennings-Offen
"Grow Bounds" utility in FCP?
on Nov 17, 2010 at 10:39:22 pm

(First-- my apologies if this has been asked a million times before-- I couldn't find an answer... and the answer is probably obvious, but my brain is totally failing me today...)

Does anyone know if you can/how to "Grow Bounds" in Final Cut Pro such as is possible with the "Grow Bounds" effect (Effects/Utilities/Grow Bounds) in AE? Specifically, I'm looking to apply BCC Light Zooms to a corp logos etc-- normally, I'd just go into AE, but these are quickie projects that I don't have time to bother with a round trip for each one...

Thanks! I really appreciate the help.

-Mike

Return to posts index

Michael Jennings-Offen
Re: "Grow Bounds" utility in FCP?
on Nov 18, 2010 at 11:47:03 pm

bump (is that allowed here? I'm new...)

Return to posts index

Michael Jennings-Offen
Re:
on Nov 23, 2010 at 5:33:56 pm

In response to my own question, I found this tip over in a GenArts faq:

On FCP, the plug-in effect is cut off at the edge of the layer.
If a plug-in is applied to an FCP layer that is smaller than the final output, the plug-in will still only affect the area within that layer's size, and sometimes appear to be cut off. To extend the effect beyond the edges, just make a nest from the layer and apply the plug-in to the nest.

One way to make a nest is to create a new sequence, drag your footage into it, and then drag this new sequence into your Main sequence to nest it. Then apply the plug-in to the nested sequence, and it should affect the area outside the original layer.

Is this really the most elegant solution FCP has to offer? I'd love to know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]