FORUMS: list search recent posts

Footage shot at 29.97 need to output to 25

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Messa
Footage shot at 29.97 need to output to 25
on Nov 17, 2010 at 9:55:00 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been posted before, I've seen people mention it relating to other subjects but not actually have a feed dedicated to it.

I have been asked to cut some footage that has been shot at 29.97 and as I am in the UK, I need to cut it at 25fps. I have seen on other posts that this is an ugly process, but before I tell this to the client I was wondering if it is in fact possible?

It is currently H.264 so I converted it to ProRes 422, and then conformed it to 25 and that is wreaking havoc. I am still relatively new to FCP aswell so if you could reply in lamens terms that would be hugely appreciated :) thanks in advance,

George

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Footage shot at 29.97 need to output to 25
on Nov 17, 2010 at 11:32:15 pm

Hi George,
This is not an occasion for any Comforming.
You need to do a Time-base conversion.
Try MPgstreamclip or Compressor.
If you do it with Compressor (you need to set "Frame Control: ON") down in the "Rate Conversion" control, try first with "Lineal". Is the faster, and in this case probably works better.
rafael
PS: Conforming works when you work with 23'9/24/25 footage (Time base very close, so will be a bearable speed-up/slow/down), or when you want to slow down footage.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

George Messa
Re: Footage shot at 29.97 need to output to 25
on Nov 18, 2010 at 7:19:07 pm

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for the speedy response, I'll play around with that now, I had a feeling conforming was the wrong thing to do, but as a 7D owner I regularly use Cinema Tools for that and it was the first thing that came to mind. If I get stuck or it doesn't work I'll let you know, thanks again,

George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]