FORUMS: list search recent posts

Loss of Quality after Rendering

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Reed
Loss of Quality after Rendering
on Nov 17, 2010 at 6:00:06 pm

Ok so I am stumped, I have been searching for a couple hours now on the web and on here and I can't find anything

Here's my story, I am currently doing a project in witch I need to take audio recorded for a VO and put it onto a video that was a screen capture of using a website, oh and this was recorded on a PC exported in avi, so I have converted the video to mov to use in Final Cut, the video has converted no problem it's HD full video in mov, so I go about doing my editing matching the audio with the video and went to render it all here is where my problem starts, after rendering the quality is absolutely terrible! It's nothing compared to what it is before rendering, the website text is not even readable, I have tried changing my sequence settings and my render settings as well and I can not figure this out!!

does anyone know of this problem happening before or any help on this would be much appreciated because I don't know what to do anymore

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Loss of Quality after Rendering
on Nov 17, 2010 at 7:08:43 pm

All the important info is missing Brendon. What codec did you convert to. How did you convert? (software, settings etc). Does the clip settings match the sequence settings. What are your sequence settings? How are you viewing FCP and the rendered output. When you say render, do you mean in FCP or exporting as a quicktime file?

Return to posts index

Brandon Reed
on Nov 17, 2010 at 7:14:49 pm

well the video was converted with mpeg steam clip to h.264 15fps the sequence settings match the clip and I am rendering in FCP then exporting using Quicktime Converter

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 17, 2010 at 8:34:54 pm

H264 is not an edit codec and 15 fps is also non standard. What were the specs of the original AVI files (codec and frame rate)

Return to posts index

Brandon Reed
on Nov 17, 2010 at 8:39:22 pm

I actually don't know, I was just given the files

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]