FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capture and Edit on same time with Final Cut Pro ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hasan Tual
Capture and Edit on same time with Final Cut Pro ?
on Nov 17, 2010 at 3:26:51 pm

I have a real big problem about this subject.
I am using Final Cut Pro 7 for editing a tv show in Turkey. I am also using Decklink Hd Extreme for two computers. One is my Mac Pro the other one is a Pc with Windows OS. Decklink has no quicktime capture on windows or thats what I know, so I have to capture all the fotage to Avi 10-Bit UYV and then I have to convert it to Mov. for Final Cut Pro. My question is; is there a way to capture video with one Decklink card on my Mac while editing something ? I dont know about Final Cut Server, but is it possible to do this with that application. I am looking forward for your answers, thanks a lot anyway.

Return to posts index

Mark Laslo
Re: Capture and Edit on same time with Final Cut Pro ?
on Nov 17, 2010 at 5:25:06 pm

I may be wrong, but as far as I know if you are capturing with Final Cut Pro there is no way to simultaneously edit with Final Cut Pro. You may be able to do it with two different editors but it would most likely be a bad idea as the system really can't handle processing that much data. The hard drive would not be able to read and write fast enough and you'd probably end up with drop frames in your capture or other issues.

Your best bet is to just capture what you need and then edit after you capture. Sorry for the bad news.

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]