FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing NTSC continuos Non-Drop Frame Timecode

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jasyn Howes
Importing NTSC continuos Non-Drop Frame Timecode
on Nov 17, 2010 at 7:57:34 am

I am really stuck.

I'm doing a job for an international client and I need to deliver the final product in Digi-Beta NTSC with continuous non-drop frame time code.

I was intending to shoot 25p, but I am assuming I'll need to shoot either 24p/30p?

If I shoot in 24p how do I import the footage into FCP so that it is NTSC continuos Non-Drop Frame Timecode?

Is there anything I should know when editing in this format in FCP?

As for exporting. What's the best way to export my final edit to meet the desired Digi-Beta NTSC with continuous non-drop frame time code?

I am really stuck on this one. Please help, anyone!

Thanks in advance.

Jasyn

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Importing NTSC continuos Non-Drop Frame Timecode
on Nov 17, 2010 at 8:35:29 am

First question:
Do you HAVE a NTSC digibeta deck?
(I have a feeling you do not..)

And why would you shoot progressive for an interlaced format?
It will NOT look better, and it is NOT industry standard.

Just shoot plain SD NTSC, edit in NTSC and take the project to a post house to make the dub.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Jasyn Howes
on Nov 17, 2010 at 8:44:29 am

I hear you,

No I don't have a deck.

The thing is I think this is going to be used on TV and on DVD. I'm doing behind-the-scenes on a major motion picture and it is going to be used in various ways.

I hate to shoot interlaced. Is there no way I can shoot HQ progressive NTSC and have it converted to SD interlaced NTSC?

Thanks for the response! Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Brad Elliott
on Nov 17, 2010 at 3:46:24 pm

If you do not have a Kona or Black Magic card converting 24 to 29.97 is going to create more problems than not. That doesn't mean it cannot be done but hardware conversion trumps FC for what you would need to do for your final deliverable.

You could edit in whatever you shoot and then take your FC QT to a post house and have them do the roll off. It will probably be expensive but you will eliminate so many potential headaches that you could encounter unless you know someone with a card and/or a deck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]