FORUMS: list search recent posts

Doesn't FCP share its codecs/components with quicktime or vice versa???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

aryan anetione
Doesn't FCP share its codecs/components with quicktime or vice versa???
on Nov 16, 2010 at 4:57:39 pm

Hi,

I am having real difficulty with the IMX codec in FCP. When I export a sequence using Quicktime conversion from FCP it shows "MPEG IMX 525/60 (30Mb/s)", "MPEG IMX 525/60 (40Mb/s)"...and so on for a couple other bit rates in the settings.....but when I export the sequence using batch export it shows "IMX NTSC (30 Mb/s)", "IMX NTSC (30 Mb/s)"...and so on.

NOW...when I use Quicktime Pro to export a HD(or some other compressor) file to IMX it shows the same codec list that FCP's export using quicktime conversion does.

The problem here is that sometimes the FCP exports an IMX file that doesn't either play fine or has some problems getting re-exported to some other format and vice versa with Quicktime Pro......BUT......when I export using the batch export and using "IMX NTSC" codec it exports a perfect IMX files all the time...

Please help I am going crazy with this codec mess.....please can someone explain me the architecture of this codecs on a MAC....also.. does the batch export use the same component for IMX as the export using quicktime conversion? what about the quicktime pro codecs????

Oh god....I am going so crazy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]