FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why is Log and Transfer making my GH1 AVCHD files 29.97 ????

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Lazar
Why is Log and Transfer making my GH1 AVCHD files 29.97 ????
on Nov 16, 2010 at 12:30:12 am

Is this right? The Apple Pro Rez MOV's that Log and Transfer created are 29.97. Everything plays back with duplicate frames.

i have the AVCHD plugin for FCP. I import the AVCHD file folder and my clips mount just fine. BUT it spits them out 29.97. There's frame blending and duplicates, it looks awful.

It was my first time using the GH1 so there is still a lot I don't know about the format or workflow for FCP. I shot 60fps footage as well, which I brought into cinema tools to slow it down. it looks great.

for some reason I'm only noticing the problem now.... any ideas?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Why is Log and Transfer making my GH1 AVCHD files 29.97 ????
on Nov 16, 2010 at 1:22:03 am

You need ClipWrap for 59.94 media. FCP doesn't support AVCHD at 59.94.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Christopher Lazar
on Nov 16, 2010 at 10:21:54 pm

My 59.94 footage isn't a concern it's my 29.97 footage. Log and Transfer created 1920X1080 Apple Pro Rez 422 files @ 29.97 with duplicate frames. Does ClipWrap apply to these aswell?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Nov 17, 2010 at 12:15:12 am

You mean it's ingested 29.97 media as if it was 15fps and frame doubling it? I've never heard of such a thing, and I don't see how it would be possible.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]