FORUMS: list search recent posts

shot in 24p, edited in 24p, desperately trying to get it to 30p, more explanation in post.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Chambers
shot in 24p, edited in 24p, desperately trying to get it to 30p, more explanation in post.
on Nov 15, 2010 at 7:40:26 pm

Okay, so I shot a video on the 5d in 24p. Converted the footage to Prores 422 with mpeg streamclip. The footage looks great when I open it in quicktime.

Now, in final cut, I made a 23.98 sequence, prores, 1080i, and started cutting. As I cut, I noticed that on some shots where there was a lot of movement, I was getting a lot of frame blending, frames overlapping etc. Doesn't look great, especially as this video may be broadcast. This blending of frames is not at all visible when the raw files are opened into quicktime.

Now, I'm desperately trying to figure out how to get my footage in my edit to look exactly like my footage in quicktime and I'm just not sure how to do it.

I've tried pasting the edited clips from the 24p sequence to a 30p sequence. The look stays the same and the clips get completely moved around.

When I import a raw clip into a 30p timeline, it looks great. I'm just trying to avoid re-editing this whole piece.

Thank you,
dc

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: shot in 24p, edited in 24p, desperately trying to get it to 30p, more explanation in post.
on Nov 15, 2010 at 9:09:15 pm

[Dustin Chambers] "Now, in final cut, I made a 23.98 sequence, prores, 1080i,"
Why 1080 Interlaced?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: shot in 24p, edited in 24p, desperately trying to get it to 30p, more explanation in post.
on Nov 16, 2010 at 2:06:14 am

[Dustin Chambers] "Now, I'm desperately trying to figure out how to get my footage in my edit to look exactly like my footage in quicktime and I'm just not sure how to do it."

Make a 1080p 23.98 timeline, field rendering off. If you need 1080i, you can always add pulldown as a final step with compressor or in real time with hardware (kona/kipro/etc).. You will have to account for 23.98 ndf vs 29.97 df, though, if your program is long.

Like this:

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]