FORUMS: list search recent posts

timeline out of sync with canvas

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pat hahn
timeline out of sync with canvas
on Nov 12, 2010 at 7:22:36 pm

I'm attempting to edit numerous 40-50 minute clips. Footage was originally provided on playable DVD. Used EYE TV to convert to photojpeg 320-240 for off-line. Have a total of 14 hrs of footage so needed to drop the size down and later reconnect to full res. My problems vary. computer 1- mark i/o in viewer, place in timeline, 1/0 changes by 19 seconds. Damn vary frustrating. Example: 5 sec shot of golf ball dropping in hole in viewer. Mark i/0. place in timeline. the shot is now 19 sec past the ball dropping, including what I see in canvas.

comp 2- this time the canvas is correct when not playing(pause) but once you start playing it jumps 19 secs. pause and it is on the correct shot. UGH!

I have tried exporting the footage to make a new mov, and bringing in the new one. Very time consuming and frustrating. Didn't fix problem. Matched seq settings exactly to the footage. Tried both drop and non-drop in settings. The footage by the way is drop frame.

I'm on a tight deadline for this commercial and can't figure out how to fix this. I would appreciate any help or advice you might have. I had this same problem a year ago but can't remember how we fixed it. Sorry for the ramble.

thanks so much
Pat

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]