FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flickering playback in multiclips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephan Liehr
Flickering playback in multiclips
on Nov 12, 2010 at 1:29:24 pm

Both with ProRes422 (SD) and MPEG IMX50 I'm experiencing some kind of flickering playback in multiclip mode after adding a new editing mark in the timeline. Then I have to stop playback and start it again (sometimes more then once) to get a smooth playback again. The flickering seems like jumps to wrong frames around the frames that should be played. Meanwhile audio runs normal. Does anybody have an explanation? I'm using FCP 7.0.3, no software updates seem to be available. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
Re: Flickering playback in multiclips
on Nov 13, 2010 at 11:39:38 am

What are your drives? How many streams are you trying to play? What are your RT settings?

Without more info it is hard to help.

Patrice Freymond

Senior editor
FCP Certified Trainer

patrice@monteur.tv

Return to posts index

Stephan Liehr
Re: Flickering playback in multiclips
on Nov 15, 2010 at 3:13:09 pm

Hi Patrice,

it doesn't seem to depend on the RT settings, drives or number of streams, as I already edited similar projects on the same machine having no problems. I upgraded FCP a short time ago to 7.0.3 and after this the trouble started.

Anyways, I'm editing seven streams lying on an internal SATA Raid. The flickering occurs at different RT settings, at both best and dynamic playback, safe and unlimited Realtime (I don't know the exact english terms as I'm editing with a German surface). I think the flickering looses strength when I turn off the videoscopes-playback.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]