FORUMS: list search recent posts

Snap to playhead or clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alberto Mendez
Snap to playhead or clip
on Nov 11, 2010 at 5:09:28 pm

Without turning on snapping is there a way to snap to the playhead in the timeline similar to holding down CTRL while snapping a clip in an Avid timeline.

thanks,
apmende

Return to posts index

Jerry Alto
Re: Snap to playhead or clip
on Nov 11, 2010 at 5:31:16 pm

Alberto- Tools>Keyboard Layout>Display>Zoom in (out) on Playhead.
HTH,
Jerry

MacPro 2.93 Quad
FCP7
Sony Z-1
GV-HD700

Return to posts index

Alberto Mendez
on Nov 16, 2010 at 9:53:29 pm

Thanks for the info but that's not what I was look for. I know how to zoom in and out of the timeline. I want a keyboard shortcut along with clicking my mouse that will snap the playhead to the edit point just like holding down CTRL and clicking the playhead near an edit snaps it in Avid.

Return to posts index

jack Bibbo
on Nov 23, 2010 at 8:25:51 pm

I think I know what you mean. The prob is/was in AVID we directed the playhead by clicking anywhere in the timeline. So You could click OR cntrl click in the timeline and get to a specific place.

In FCP you direct the playhead by clicking the top TC bar. It does not know your edit points as the timeline does so precision by clicking is lost.

Dont know if that helps....

Return to posts index

Alberto Mendez
on Dec 1, 2010 at 4:27:12 am

Yes, that is exactly the answer I am looking for. I guess I'll have to turn snapping on and off if i want the cursor at the precise edit.

thanks,
apmende

Return to posts index

jack Bibbo
on Dec 1, 2010 at 6:55:46 am

you could always use "a" or "s". Go to prev/Next edit. Only prob is that it will go to ANY edit so you find your self doing a lot of tapping.

You know I didn't realize how much I missed that option in AVID until you brought it up. :)

Return to posts index

Jerry Alto
on Dec 1, 2010 at 5:22:27 pm

Alberto/Jack- Don't forget about the left or right arrow next to the numeric portion of the keyboard.
HTH,
Jerry

MacPro 2.93 Quad
FCP7
Sony Z-1
GV-HD700

Return to posts index

Rob White
on Mar 16, 2011 at 5:40:41 pm

Hitting 'n' turns snapping on and off quickly. If you don't mind dragging the clip after hitting n, or you can select the clip, start to drag and then hit 'n' to temporarily turn snapping on. If you are looking to snap your playhead to the clip, the same function applies.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]