FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conform frame rate without Cinema Tools?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Clara Rolls
Conform frame rate without Cinema Tools?
on Nov 11, 2010 at 1:04:57 pm

Hi,

I have some videos captured from an NTSC dvd that I changed to 25fps via Compressor. Quicktime says it's 25fps but Final Cut 6 is reading it as 29.97 still. For some reason I don't have Cinema Tools, probably opted out of installing because I've never used it :(

CT could fix it so easily but I'm in need of an alternative solution...advice or directions to the right thread much appreciated.

Cheers :)

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Conform frame rate without Cinema Tools?
on Nov 11, 2010 at 4:48:58 pm

[Clara Rolls] "I have some videos captured from an NTSC dvd that I changed to 25fps via Compressor. Quicktime says it's 25fps but Final Cut 6 is reading it as 29.97 still."

That's really bizarre -- are you sure Quicktime and FCP are looking at the same files?

[Clara Rolls] "For some reason I don't have Cinema Tools, probably opted out of installing because I've never used it :( CT could fix it so easily but I'm in need of an alternative solution...advice or directions to the right thread much appreciated."

I didn't realize that Cinema Tools was an optional install. Why not re-run the FCS installer from the original discs and de-select everything but Cinema Tools?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Clara Rolls
Re: Conform frame rate without Cinema Tools?
on Nov 11, 2010 at 9:50:30 pm

Thanks for the response Walter :)

It's definitely the same file, I've triple checked that and tried taking them out of FCP, restarting, putting them back in etc. I read that it's a common problem when a video is changed from ntsc to pal that FCP misinterprets the metadata.

I'm afraid I don't have the installation discs - it was a volume licence from my last job. But if there's no other solution, I guess I'll have to find me some discs!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]