FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unique Transitions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Rollins
Unique Transitions
on Nov 11, 2010 at 3:13:42 am

Hello, so I have no idea how to search for this. I am cutting a wedding film and I have shot I did where I went by several pillars around the dance floor. I want to use the pillar as a "wipe transition" so to speak. As the pillar goes across the frame I want it to reveal a new scene. I have played with Gradient wipes and made some gradients in Photoshop and I get close but the pillar has some unique angles so it isn't straight up & down.

This totally makes sense in my head I hope it does here as well. If there is a name for this please let me know.

Cheers,
Dan Rollins
HDSLR Videographer (T2i & 7D shooter) - FCP7.0.2 (Studio 3) - 27" iMac 2.8 Quad Core i7 4GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4850

Return to posts index

Reid Caulfield
Re: Unique Transitions
on Nov 11, 2010 at 3:32:25 am

maybe roll your own Alpha transition?

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-make-alpha-transitions-from-scratch-final...

Reid C

Return to posts index

Dan Rollins
Re: Unique Transitions
on Nov 12, 2010 at 1:21:27 am

Thanks Reid! That is looks like it could work with a lot of work (noob to Motion).

I am curious if anyone else has idea's. Last night I did keyframe the 8-pt garbage Matte to give it a go and it was close but I couldn't get it to be accurate with the edges in the pillar.

This should be in a separate post but does anyone know if there is something more accurate and flexible then an 8-pt garbage matte? I would love to find something like the selection tool in Photoshop.. maybe I am dreaming (something for the next version of FCP :)

Cheers,
Dan Rollins - LiveWireFilms.com
HDSLR Videographer (T2i & 7D shooter) - FCP7.0.2 (Studio 3) - 27" iMac 2.8 Quad Core i7 4GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4850

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]