FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync sound after editing video?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kevin hall
Sync sound after editing video?
on Nov 11, 2010 at 12:18:24 am

Hey peeps, quick question.

For a recent project I recorded all my visual stuff on a 7d and my audio on a different hd camera for better quality.

Being an eager beaver, I started editing my video in final cut before I had a chance to capture my sound from the tapes.

Is there an easy way to get my sound to where i want it to be? like opening the source clip in a different project and swapping the audio clips, then saving it so that my original project would automatically draw the new audio from the source file? Or will i painstakingly have to sync the audio piece by piece?

Return to posts index

mike carpenter
Re: Sync sound after editing video?
on Nov 12, 2010 at 7:21:25 am

To the best of my knowledge, you most likely have to piece the audio together clip by clip.

This may be a weird work-around but you could take each raw clip (guessing you cut the raw clips down for editing purposes) and replace the audio and export it as a modified version and reconnect you files in your project to the newly exported files.

I hope I explained that right.

mrcvideo.com

Return to posts index

kevin hall
Re: Sync sound after editing video?
on Nov 13, 2010 at 4:04:48 am

yeah thats what i was thinking of doing, with the raw files, but not really sure how to go about it. will give it a go though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]