FORUMS: list search recent posts

Metadata video Display

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Stiles
Metadata video Display
on Nov 9, 2010 at 12:56:31 am

Is it possible to display the metadata information (such as time and date) on top of the video?
I have 494 clips that a client wants time and date displayed on. I don't care if it's not running time as long as the time is displayed at the start.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Metadata video Display
on Nov 9, 2010 at 5:35:39 am

With a little third party help, yes you can.

http://assistedediting.intelligentassistance.com/ClipInfoTitler/

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ryan Stiles
on Nov 11, 2010 at 12:41:30 am

Hey Thanks Shane.

It looks like it will do the job but for some reason I can't get it back into FCP. Do you know why or what a "translation document file" is? I'm getting a "ERROR: No translation templates matching the selected XML file were found." and it will not import.

Ryan

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 11, 2010 at 5:02:47 pm

YOu have to import the XML via FILE>IMPORT>XML... You can't just IMPORT and then select the XML.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ryan Stiles
on Nov 12, 2010 at 12:28:58 am

It happens when I click the "send to FCP" inside "Clip Info Titler". I can't seem to find where the XML File is saved in the "Clip Info Titler" program and when I import the previously exported from FCP XML it doesn't have any of the info on it.

Return to posts index

Philip Hodgetts
on Nov 17, 2010 at 5:32:48 pm

Sorry about that Ryan. There was a bug that presented the wrong XML version if your were running Final Cut Pro 6. It's been fixed. Please update from inside the application or download it again.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Philip Hodgetts
President
Intelligent Assistance.

Philip Hodgetts
http://www.proapps-hub.com
The ProApp-Hub: The convenient way to the best of what's free and everything else you need to be productive and creative with Apple's Professional audio and video Applications

Download Now proapps-hub

Return to posts index

Ryan Stiles
on Nov 30, 2010 at 9:48:18 pm

Hi Philip,

Thanks for responding to my problem. It is FCP 6 I'm working on and I did an update to it and it is still not working. It will put text on it but for some reason it's not allowing me to put the date on it. It also is not working with a sequence (it gives me an error message - I've attached the log).
Here are my steps;
The footage was shot on a JVC GY-HM700CHU at XDCAM EX 720p30 (35 Mb/s VBR) in a .mov file format. I copied the files from the SDHC card to my hard drive and imported them into FCP.
route_1;
I placed enough clips to fill a two hour DVD > with the sequence highlighted went to file > Export > XML... I stayed with the preset format: Apple XML Interchange Format, version 4.I have had the two boxes checked and uncheck ("Include Master Clips Outside Selection" and "Save project with latest clip metadata") > OK.
After opening "Clip Info Titler" I click on "Open XML" > choose the XML > the "Date(march 13, 2010), Time" is grayed out but in "Line 5:" I set the name and frame rate then click "Send to Final Cut Pro...".
With "route_1" it gives me the attached error and will not open at all.
Route_2;
Is the same as 1 except I choose just a clip from the browser window in FCP and right click > Export > XML.
After clicking "Send to Final Cut Pro..." in "Clip Info Titler" it opens in FCP as a sequence but does not show any time, date.

Thank you for reading through all of that. Now having stated all of my steps and trouble shooting, I'm wondering if it is an interpretation issue with how the recording codec is setting the record time and date and where "Clip Info Titler" is looking for it. I've been an editor for many years but I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to this kind of thing so any direction you could point me in or suggestions you may have would be a huge help.

Thanks,

Ryan

Return to posts index

Philip Hodgetts
on Dec 1, 2010 at 12:45:14 am

Clip Info Titler works onclips in a bin and builds a sequence. It will not add the titles to a sequence, so that's probably the issue.

Could you try sending it a bin of clips and see if it works as designed.

Now, if you'd like a feature added to use an existing Sequence that can probably be done. For that could you zip up the XML files that didn't work (your FCP exports not the Clip Info Titler generated ones) and email it to me philip@intelligentassistance.com and we'll see about adding the feature.

Philip

Philip Hodgetts
http://www.proapps-hub.com
The ProApp-Hub: The convenient way to the best of what's free and everything else you need to be productive and creative with Apple's Professional audio and video Applications

Download Now proapps-hub

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]