FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor has wrong TC burn in

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Lathrop
Compressor has wrong TC burn in
on Nov 8, 2010 at 9:52:03 pm

Running FCP 6.06 and Compressor 3.05. I am exporting a Quicktime reference from FCP and importing that into Compressor.
Compressor will not read the timecode correctly from the imported sequence for generating a TC burn in. Whatever starting TC I have set in FCP, it adjusts it to start 00:00:03:14 earlier. So for example a starting TC in FCP of 01:00:00;00 starts at 00:59:56:10 in Compressor (working with 23.98 tc sequence). This corresponds to the the TC displayed in the Compressor Preview window.
Compressor will allow me to select Start Timecode at 00:00:00:00 and it will work, but I need for the burn in to reflect correctly so that the show starts at hour 1 and title cards before it are not starting at hour 0 or 59:56:10. I have checked the Sequence setting in FCP and no matter what I set that to, Compressor corrects by 03:14. It does not matter which Compressor setting I use. What am I missing? Appreciate any help.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Compressor has wrong TC burn in
on Nov 9, 2010 at 12:23:19 am

That version of Compressor had a tough time with 24p tc.

You can adjust by changing the tc of your sequence by -3:14 (in the sequence settings, simply type -3:14 under sequence tc).

Don't forget to change it back!

Return to posts index

Tom Lathrop
on Nov 9, 2010 at 2:52:34 am

Thanks, I understand that as a work-around. I was hoping for an understanding of what causes this or solution that allows it to work the way it was intended. Sounds like it never did work right.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 9, 2010 at 2:57:30 am

[Tom Lathrop] "Thanks, I understand that as a work-around."

At this point it will all be workarounds so you can choose the lesser of evils that fits your lesser of all evilness. You can also copy and paste your real tc from the ref movie into the new file using QT.

[Tom Lathrop] "I was hoping for an understanding of what causes this"

It's busted?

[Tom Lathrop] "or solution that allows it to work the way it was intended."

I've given two. Another would be to nest the sequence with a TG Generator filter and render it in before exporting.

[Tom Lathrop] "Sounds like it never did work right."

You won't want to hear this, but upgrading to FCP7 will fix it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]