FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dodgy Firewire or HDV issue? Red/Green pulsing in footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jade Heritage
Dodgy Firewire or HDV issue? Red/Green pulsing in footage
on Nov 8, 2010 at 6:06:40 pm

Hello, I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

I have just finished filming a piece, and it looks fine on the camera, but (as it did last time I shot HD footage) now I've captured it the footage seems to pulsate - a subtle green and red pulsing through all the footage.

Is my firewire cable just a bit dodgy? This has happened with two different cameras.

I was wondering if it had something to do with RGB connections within the cable, which might make it waver? But I am no expert so it's just a guess.

I hope somebody knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Zak Ray
Re: Dodgy Firewire or HDV issue? Red/Green pulsing in footage
on Nov 8, 2010 at 11:16:09 pm

Have you rendered it yet? Unrendered previews of HDV can create a subtle pulsing, I've noticed, probably some dark magic to reduce the bitrate for playing in real time.

Return to posts index

Jade Heritage
on Nov 9, 2010 at 8:26:07 am

No it isn't rendered yet, it's just the footage in my bins (but whilst capturing I could see it on the capture preview)

I will render it all once it's in the timeline - I might actually burn a small snippet of footage to DVD and see if the pulsing is just on my macbook only. Hopefully it is.

Thanks for your help, hopefully it is this dark magic you speak of!

Return to posts index

Scott Stolzar
on Nov 9, 2010 at 3:31:55 pm

I had noticed that happening one time too. It turned out that my playback settings were on a lower quality. Once I switched it to unlimited it played correctly and it exported correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]