FORUMS: list search recent posts

Do I have a problem?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Hannon
Do I have a problem?
on Nov 8, 2010 at 7:38:09 am

Hey guys, being new here I apologise for jumping straight in with a techie question...

I am just starting to work on a feature length doco and have a lot of capturing to do.. problem is, some of the footage when played back in Quicktime (or in FCP at 100%) becomes slighty shadowy/choppy...

Just to clarify, earlier footage on the same tape shot with the same settings (i think) seems to be fine.

The later footage starts to become a little problematic.

I am beginning to wonder if perhaps it is simply the nature of the later footage (shot from a rocking boat of people surfing fast moving waves in strong daylight - compared to the earlier footage which is a more domestic scene of people cooking etc and seems to have no issues.

I am pretty sure I am capturing on the right settings...?

Most of my footage was shot on a camcorder (Sony - HDV HC9).. and i'm using final cut pro for editing... I am from Australia, and I think the frame rate is 25fps - so I am assuming the format is PAL.

After several different attempts of at capturing the footage correctly, I thought I had found the right setting through the 'easy setup' window, as follows:

Format: HDV
Rate: 25fps
Use: HDV - 1080i50

The camera communicates with the mac no worries.

My question is (and it may be hard to speculate):

Do you think that I am doing something wrong whilst capturing, or is the footage simply a little choppy because of the circumstances on which it was shot?

I know this is going to be hard to answer, but if anyone has had any experience like this itd be great to hear...

Thanks in advance...

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Do I have a problem?
on Nov 8, 2010 at 9:37:09 am

Hi matt,
For what I see in Googles, your camera can record DV and HDV, both PAL.
Your capture preset is the correct one for HDV PAL.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Matt Hannon
Re: Do I have a problem?
on Nov 8, 2010 at 10:53:12 am

Thanks Rafael... I just realised the model name is actually HDR-HC9 not HDV-HC9, not that it should make much difference....

I'll go through some different tapes to compare results.... thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]